Join us for a special benefit event for Pug Rescue of Austin!
This Valentine's Day gala is a human only event to raise funds for our rescue pugs. Cost of ticket includes a delicious buffet, wine tasting, silent auction, dessert, romantic live music and a special "Behind the Scenes Presentation."
We are a volunteer based organization with no paid staff. We rely solely on donations and fundraisers like this to cover the medical expenses of our rescue pugs.
What is on the menu?
- Mixed Green Salad: baby greens, fresh tomato, carrot and radish with oregano vinaigrette
- Chicken Cacciatore: chicken braised in a rich sauce of tomato, red wine, sweet peppers and herbs
- Spinach Lasagna: garlic sautéed spinach, house-made ricotta and fresh mozzarella layered with mornay
- Roast Brussel Sprouts: tossed with toasted garlic, olive oil and parsnips
- Sauteed Squash: green and yellow squash with red onion and garlic
- Assorted sweets: miniature cupcake from Sweet bakery, chocolate truffle, and valentine's sweets.
- Note: There is also a vegan option but you must choose this option at checkout before 2/10/15.
Are children allowed at this event?
Yes! This is a family friendly event. However, PRA will be paying the venue per chair occupied, so unless the child is in a high seat or lap, they will still need an event ticket.
Why the $60 ticket price?
The cost to Pug Rescue of Austin for each attendee is > $40 for food and wine, and since this is a fundraising event for pug lovers and supporters of our cause, we have built in a $20 charitable donation. Want to give more? Don't forget to grab a raffle ticket at checkout!
Can I deduct the price of the event ticket to this event as chartiable income tax?
The fair market value of the food and entertainment received at this event is $40 per ticket. The portion of the ticket price that is deductible as a charitable contribution is the remaining amount of the ticket purchased, therefore the deductible amounts are $20 on Early Bird Discount Tickets and $35 on Full Price Tickets. (Price of Early Bird Discount Ticket are $60 ea and Full Price Tickets are $75 ea.)